Butler Winery, established in 1983, is the fourth-oldest operating winery in Indiana. We are small and family owned, with three generations of Butlers participating in the business. The winery and vineyard are located just 10 minutes from the northeast side of Bloomington, within the northern boundaries of the Indiana Uplands viticultural area.
Please visit us at butlerwinery.com
In our vineyards, we grow Vignoles, Vidal blanc, Chambourcin, Chardonel, Seyval blanc, Traminette, and Norton grapes for our estate-bottled wines. We also have a variety of fruit wines and wines made from other grape varieties, sourced from other Indiana growers whenever possible. In addition to our winery and vineyard location, we have a tasting room in downtown Bloomington which carries our wines as well as southern Indiana's largest selection of wine making and homebrewing supplies.
Winery & Vineyard Tasting Room:
6200 E. Robinson Road
Bloomington, IN 47408
Winery & Vineyard Tasting Room Hours:
Monday–Saturday, 10am–6pm; Sunday, noon-6pm.
Tasting fee: $6.00 to sample six wines
- Wine tastings conducted seated at tables.
- Special events
- Groups of 8 or more welcome, please call ahead.
- Snacks available including cheeses, sausages, crackers, chips and more.
Downtown Bloomington Tasting Room:
1022 N. College Ave.
Bloomington, IN 47404
Downtown Bloomington Tasting Room Hours:
(Currently open for Curbside Service only, please call ahead at 812-339-7233)
Tuesday – Friday 12-6 PM
Saturday 11- 5 PM, Sunday 12 – 5 PM
- Late Harvest Vignoles: Made from the last of the harvest from our vineyard. The grapes are lushly ripe and are bursting with flavors and aromas of pears and peaches.
- Chambourcin: Another estate-grown grape. Produces a food-friendly barrel-aged dry red with notes of raspberry, cherry and vanilla.
- Blackberry wine: Our best-selling wine — it tastes just like fresh blackberries.