FRENCH LICK WINERY
Our Heaven’s View Vineyard was planted in the spring of 1998 on Hoosier Homestead Farm overlooking the White River Valley in Martin County. Located approximately 20 miles west of the winery, the vineyard’s eight acres hold the first planting of Norton grapes in Indiana, as well as Chambourcin, Traminette, Vidal, Catawba, Steuben, Noiret, Cayuga White, Cabernet Franc and Vincent Varietals. These varietals are new to many consumers, but they thrive in Indiana where traditional varieties often struggle due to harsh weather.
Our winery is located in the town of West Baden Springs, not far from the famous and historic West Baden Springs Resort, in the former Kimball Piano Factory. Our spacious building includes the Tasting Bar, The Vintage Café and our gift shop. Large glass windows line one wall and allow for comfortable viewing of the production area.
Winery and tasting room:
8145 W. Sinclair St.
West Baden Springs, IN 47469
Tasting room hours: Tuesday–Thursday, 11am-5pm; Friday and Saturday, 11am-9pm; Sunday, 11am–5pm.
Tasting fee: None.
- The Vintage Cafe, featuring homemade Italian food
- Gift shop
- Wine club
- Large groups easily accommodated on weekdays.
- Traminette: From our Heaven’s View Vineyard, this estate-bottled wine reveals a classic spicy Gewürztraminer aroma with hints of peach, mineral and just a touch of sweetness.
- Cherry: Our most awarded wine and often called “cherry pie in a glass.” This sweet-tart wine is made from Montmorency cherries. The authentic cherry flavor is smooth without overwhelming, allowing for a rich, fruity experience. Great with, in or as dessert.
- Norton: Heaven’s View Vineyard was the first planting of this grape in Indiana. Rich southern Indiana soil lends its charm to this estate-bottled dry, full-bodied red. The lingering finish of black currants and sweet berries are complemented by toasted oak.