HUBER WINERY AND VINEYARD
In 1843 when Simon Huber settled his southern Indiana farm, he brought with him from Baden-Baden, Germany, his years of experience in fruit growing and winemaking. From its humble 80-acre beginning, the farm has expanded to over 600 acres. Simon's vision has been perpetuated through seven generations of Huber's living and working on the farm.
In the vineyards, 18 varieties of grapes are grown for the production of our varietals and blended wines. As Indiana's largest wine-grape producer, our vineyards will produce nearly 400,000 pounds of grapes per year under normal weather conditions.
Within our cellar, the old world art of winemaking combines with the most modern equipment and technology to manifest our magnificent vintages. Every bit of our hard work has paid off with over 900 gold, silver and bronze awards from wine competitions across the United States. We sincerely hope you will plan a visit to Huber Winery to sample and enjoy our wines and hospitality.
Winery and tasting room:
19816 Huber Road
Starlight, IN 47106
Tasting room hours:
From Nov. 1–May 6: Monday–Saturday, 10am–5:30pm; Sunday, noon–5:30pm.
From May 7–Oct. 31: Monday–Friday, 10am–5:30pm; Saturday, 10am–7:30pm; Sunday, 10am–5:30pm.
- Group tastings
- Cellar and distillery tours daily
- Ice cream shop
- Cheese shop
- Farm market
- Gift shop
- Full-service catering hall and banquet facility
- Heritage: A dry red blend that combines estate-grown cabernet sauvignon, cabernet franc, and petit verdot. Barrel aged for 12-18 months, it develops into a full-bodied and robust flavor with rich berry and walnut flavors that are well-integrated with toasty oak notes. Current vintage is the 2010, but we also have 2009 Heritage available, as well as Heritage HSR (Special Reserve) going back to 2005.
- Stella di Luce: An estate-grown dry rose done in the style of a Spanish Rosado, this is a crisp wine with an exceptionally clean finish. Notes of cherry and rose complement a light acidity and make this special release a spring favorite.
- Traminette: An off-dry white made from estate-grown traminette, it bursts with beautiful fruits and florals. Characteristic honeysuckle, pear, peach, and subtle spice highlight the lightly sweet flavor and make this a wine you will reach for again and again.