Winzerwald Winery was establishedin June, 2002 on a picturesque hill overlooking Interstate 64, in the Hoosier National Forest. Winzerwald is German for “winemakers of the forest”. The winery celebrates the owner’s and the regions German heritage. Nutcrackers are truly a southern Germany favorite and they were therefore chosen as the winery’s logo and label design.
A new vineyard is located along I-64 at the winery and the 20 year old vineyard is nestled along the Ohio River on the family’s fifth generation farm. Gold Medals and Best of Show honors have been granted to Winzerwald Winery for its full-bodied, uniquely smooth wines that most are sure to call their favorites. Winzerwald is known for its outstanding German-style wines including Riesling, Back Riesling, Blaufränkish, Gewürztraminer, Mai Wein, Lieblich and Glühwein. A fantastic fruit wine collection includes award winning Blueberry, Cherry, Cranberry & Strawberry. As Donna Adams, one of the owners, was born in Wisconsin her love of cheese is reflected in the wineries fantastic assortment of Midwest cheeses. Winzerwald has been honored as best winery by both local & regional newspapers and magazines three years running. Come visit our “Small Family Winery with Big Tasting Wines” for a cheese & wine pairing or a relaxing Weingarten visit. Prost!
26300 North Indian Lake Road
8 mi. NE of Bristow, IN 47515-0001
Winery & Tasting Room
26300 North Indian Lake Road, Bristow, IN 47515
(812) 357-7000 1-866-6WINZER
Tasting Room Hours: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm Eastern
Tasting Fee: None
- Tasting Room with Free wine tastings
- Gift shop featuring an array of food and gift items
- Cheese Haus- Great Midwest cheese selection
- Outdoor Weingarten
- Vineyard and production area
- Wein Klub
- German Whites: Gewürztraminer- a wonderfully aromatic & floral semi-dry white wine with spicy notes of honey & orange blossom. Riesling- our semi-sweet favorite light white not too sweet with great tropical flavors. Mai Wein- Indiana’s first traditional German May Wine, Semi-sweet white with sweet woodruff added & a touch of strawberry juice- truly special.
- Tannenbaum Collection: Schweizer Spice- spicy white wine, our “liquid pumpkin pie” with cinnamon. Glühwein- German mulled red wine with cinnamon & cloves- traditionally served warm, also great chilled, “Christmas in a glass” . Cranberry- Perfectly tart & sweet balance of fresh cranberry for your holiday table.
- Specialty Fruits: Blueberry- bright blueberry flavors and wonderful blueberry aromas make this sweet wine completely irresistible. Strawberry- fresh strawberry patch flavors for a light sweet sipping wine...delicious. Cherry Red- a deep wine of sweet cherries for a luscious cordial cherry flavor.