Winzerwald Winery opened in June, 2002 on a picturesque hill in the Hoosier National Forest. Winzerwald is German for “winemakers of the forest”. Nutcrackers, originally from southern Germany like the winery owner’s ancestors, were chosen as the winery’s logo and label design.
Two new vineyards are located along I-64 at the winery and the 30-year old vineyard is nestled along the Ohio River on the family’s fifth generation farm. Gold Medals and Best of Show honors have been granted to Winzerwald Winery for its uniquely smooth wines that most are sure to call their favorites. Winzerwald is known for its outstanding German-inspired wines including Riesling, Pinot Meunier, Blaufränkish, Gewürztraminer, Grϋner Veltliner, Mai Wein, and Glühwein. A very popular fruit wine collection includes award winning Blueberry, Cherry, Cranberry, Peach & Strawberry among others. Winzerwald is also well known for its herbed and spiced wines based on traditional German seasonal wines. Winzerwald has been honored as best winery by both local & regional newspapers and magazines three years running. Plan a visit to enjoy wine flights, a weekend concert, monthly food & wine pairing events, flatbreads & huge Bavarian pretzels or a relaxing afternoon Weingarten visit overlooking the vineyard valley. Prost!
26300 North Indian Lake Road
8 mi. NE of Bristow, IN 47515-0001
Winery & Tasting Room
26300 North Indian Lake Road, Bristow, IN 47515
(812) 357-7000 1-866-6WINZER
Tasting Room Hours: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00 am - 6:00 pm Eastern
Tasting Fee: None
- Tasting Room with wine tastings and/or wine flights
- Gift shop featuring wine and German-inspired food and gifts
- Great Midwest cheese selection
- Outdoor Weingarten and weekend concerts
- Vineyard and production area
- Wein Klub
- German Whites: Gewürztraminer- a wonderfully aromatic & floral semi-dry white wine with spicy notes of honey & orange blossom. Riesling- our semi-sweet favorite light white not too sweet with great tropical flavors. Mai Wein- Indiana’s first traditional German May Wine, Semi-sweet white with sweet woodruff added & a touch of strawberry juice- truly special.
- Tannenbaum Collection: Pumpkin Spice- spicy white wine, our “liquid pumpkin pie” with cinnamon. Glühwein- German mulled red wine with cinnamon & cloves- traditionally served warm, also great chilled, “Christmas in a glass” . Cranberry- Perfectly tart & sweet balance of fresh cranberry. Enjoy white, red, rosé, or cranberry Glühwein.
- Specialty Fruits: Blueberry- bright blueberry flavors and wonderful blueberry aromas make this sweet wine completely irresistible. Strawberry- fresh strawberry patch flavors for a light sweet sipping wine...delicious. Cherry Red- a deep wine of sweet cherries for a luscious cordial cherry flavor.